Product Safety Management Practitioner | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your passion and attention to detail in this product safety role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Product Safety Management Practitioner, to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Safety Manager, as the Product Safety Management Practitioner, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Product Safety aspects of the Safety Management System (SMS), in accordance with our company, customer and regulatory requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Ensure the Product Safety aspects of the project SMS are current and compliant with company, customer and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate Product Safety Management activities across the project, to ensure the SMS is integrated and effective across BAE Systems, the customer and third parties
- Support the investigations and close out Product Safety Reports
- Lead the investigations of Product Safety incidents and near misses
- Generate safety lessons learned communications for incidents and near misses to be shared across the project and business
- Lead the development and maintenance of Product Safety Bowtie risk assessments
- Co-ordinate safety assurance activities on a risk prioritised basis
- Generate reporting packs for the project Safety Working Group
- Support the Safety Manager in safety promotion and communication activities across the project workforce
- Ensure appropriate co-ordination with the Safety Health and Environment function activities
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Certificate or Diploma level in Safety or a related discipline, and demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in defence aviation
- Knowledge and experience of safety risk management principles, particularly around high integrity systems and high consequence events
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of human performance in accident causation and prevention
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, and the ability to negotiate with and influence stakeholders, whilst maintaining relationships
- The ability to use and adapt a variety of safety management tools, fundamentals, principles and processes
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html