Windows Team Lead | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Windows Team Lead to join our Jorn Phase 6 team at DSTG in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide end to end management of all JORN Windows environments including classified, unclassified and standalone systems
- Manage and allocate workloads within the team using agile methodologies and sprints
- Provide technical leadership and advice to the team, ensuring that services provided to the customer are seamless and cohesive
- Manage employee performance and coach employees in the achievement of development objectives
- Review and approve technical change requests
- Plan, design and implement upgrades to server and storage hardware, applications and the Windows standard operating environment (SOE)
- Ensure that the computing infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project
- Manage and participate in fault detection, performance and capacity management
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to Windows and virtualisation technologies
- Assist with ensuring the computing platform is fully documented and supportable
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in small to medium sized teams
- An understanding of engineering principles and processes
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the administration of relevant computer platforms and their associated enterprise environment including Windows Server Management, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, SAN Storage, Printing, PowerShell Scripting and Windows File system
Whilst not essential, an Engineering or Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) related degree or relevant vendor certifications will be advantageous.
As a Negative Vetting Level 2 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html