Subcontract Manager - Combat Systems Hunter Class | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement_G9 SCM.pdf (PDF, 32KB)
Subcontract Manager_PD1389_G9.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts in a senior role
- Be part of the exciting Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP)
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented and seasoned Subcontracts Manager to join our team in the Adelaide CBD Office and be part of Combat Systems on the HUNTER CLASS FRIGATE PROGRAM.
As part of the Hunter Class, Combat Systems Procurement lead team you will have the opportunity to establish the culture and provide inclusive leadership to the Procurement team to meet the objectives in conjunction with the Head of Procurement for Combat Systems.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for the development, performance and standards of your team of Subcontract Officers; this could include Partner and Third Party Supplier resources
- Establish relationships and work with key stakeholders to define the Procurement strategy, plan and execute tenders and negotiate design and production Subcontracts with our local and international supply chain
- Work with the Australian Industry Capability (AIC) Team and suppliers in support of delivering AIC outcomes
- Work within the Hunter Class Combat Systems Integrated Project Team (IPT), provide relevant and timely information to the IPT to ensure the project achieves the required performance; be considered the thought leader for Subcontract Management
- Proactively project manage, in an evolving environment, the performance of the suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a cost, schedule, quality and Australian Industry capability (AIC) perspective.
- Identify and mitigate risks and realise opportunities for the subcontracts within your span of control
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive extra-large projects experience managing high value contracts in a technical environment / mobilisation phase
- Commercially astute with an understanding and experience in complex contractual arrangements, including partering, subcontracting, and whole-of-life contract management with local and international suppliers
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements coupled with an ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Experience in leading and developing a team with the ability to grow talent and foster a high level of engagement
- Superior communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to be able to influence across all levels whilst maintaining key relationships
- The enthusiasm to be part of a fluid and growing program. You will be energised by the thought of being part of the design/integration phase within the Combat Systems procurement team.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Julie Lane - Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html