Commercial Officer | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent part-time arrangements considered
- Enjoy an inclusive and flexible culture with an innovation focused company
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Commercial Officer to join our team in Henderson WA. In this role, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance to assist project teams in effectively managing commercial matters on current projects and new business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders on all commercial matters
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and support major bids as required
- Prepare requests for bid approval review packs
- Administer contracts in accordance with company procedures which will encompass liaison with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Support commercial aspects of all project phase reviews
- Identify the need for professional input, including legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with management and specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Complete customer cost and pricing analysis
- Develop and implement licences and agreements in accordance with import/export requirements, including but not limited to: International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, law, business or related discipline
- Proven commercial advisory experience preferably within the Defence, ship building or heavy fabrication industries
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Self-motivation with exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Monday 21 January 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.