HR Advisor | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global partner of the Defence Industry and provide wide-ranging expertise and services to support and protect our Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We currently have opportunities for experienced HR Business Partners to join our Maritime Sustainment Line of Business in Sydney.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Coach, partner and support business leaders to optimise resources and business performance.
- Support the business with resource planning; ensuring operational solutions meet the needs now and into the future.
- Challenge the business to consistently raise organisational capability through individual and team development.
- Reflect best practice in the delivery of human resources advice and solutions.
- Manage industrial relations and employee relations issues effectively.
- Support cyclical human resources activities through communication with and support to line managers on the relevant processes, tools and approaches.
- Develop and implement specific interventions to support the achievement of business capability plans.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree qualification or equivalent: Human Resources and/or Business Experience gained in commercial environment
- Confidence to lead and facilitate discussion; translating these into specific HR strategy and value adding solutions
- Previous experience and capability in understanding the IR/ER landscape and legislation
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in consulting, advising and influencing key stakeholders
- Strong organisation skills and experience with a high volume workload across multiple sites
- An interest and understanding of HR metrics, reporting and insights
- Able to problem-solve and use initiative to facilitate outcomes and resolve issues
- Solid excel and power point skills
- You will need to be a self-starter, curious and able to work autonomously at times
- Level of maturity and resilience to work within a changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Team player who is willing to work collaboratively across the team
- Strong commercial acumen, communication and influencing skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html