Software Project Manager / MRP Capability Manager | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work in an operational environment and make this role your own
- Enjoy an inclusive and flexible culture with an innovation focused company
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Software Project Manager to join our team in Henderson WA. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for enabling the Business Unit to deliver on their commitments through management of the Maritime Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) capability.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide specialist support in production engineering planning, production operations planning, material planning, procurement planning, production work release, and production monitoring and control
- Development and maintenance of the Maritime MRP framework, deployment and operational oversight of the capability, process and competency within the business unit
- Provide a functional interface to project management, drafting, production planning, material procurement, warehousing and ship management functions
- Lead strategic management and continuous improvement of MRP tools with specific emphasis on efficient and effective integration of the production engineering, production planning, supply chain management and production control activities
- Drive the appropriate application of governance, stakeholder change management and MRP competencies within Maritime Programs by ensuring these mechanisms are properly thought out, tailored, applied and measured
- Deliver specific short to medium term MRP business improvement activities for critical projects
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in engineering, project management, business or commercial preferable
- Exemplary knowledge of contemporary manufacturing engineering, production planning, supply chain management and production operations methodologies
- Demonstrated experience working with business systems and driving process improvements
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to translate problems to cost effective solutions and clearly articulate the benefits to stakeholders
- A strong ability to motivate teams of professionals to achieve project outcomes
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.