Information Knowledge Manager | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:|| Information Knowledge Manager_Hunter Class Frigate Program_PD1650_G8.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2019|
- Lead and develop our Information Knowledge Architecture
- Be part of the Hunter Class Frigate program
- Williamstown location
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. As we mobilise the Hunter Class Frigate Program, we are seeking an experienced Information Knowledge Manager to join the team.
You will be responsible across the Hunter Class Frigate Program to develop and deliver the ILS Information architecture. Support the development and delivery of the Logistic Support Analysis Report, Product Lifecycle Management Tool outputs and customer directed data formats, and manage technical data deliveries across the program.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead and develop the Information Knowledge Management (IKM) architecture definition and implementation for the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP).
- Provide support to the Hunter Class Product Lifecycle Management and Data Management System teams to ensure the integrity of data can be used within the ILS environment and products.
- Provide support in planning the IKM transition from the in-build environment to the in-service environment
- Identify the Support Applications that will be required to facilitate the delivery of the HCFP Support Solution, together with the software licence requirements and costs.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholder groups (incl External Customer forums), raising issues to relevant stakeholder(s) in an objective, professional and timely manner
- Manipulate and deliver data for projects according to the Data Management Plans
- Work collaboratively with the other discipline leads to develop processes to develop and deliver project specific deliverables to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Derive support solution requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in Defence or Industry Support Solutions
- Experience applying Systems Engineering methodology to engineering information and data Support Solutions.
- Work Package Management controls and techniques including planning and cost control and earned value management, risk and opportunity management and change management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of engineering management practices (highly desirable)
- Significant experience in delivering large and complex technical projects, preferably in the defence environment, in both the acquisition and support phases of the lifecycle
- Qualifications (Diploma or Degree) in Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience.
- High level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html