Test and Integration Engineer | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Vibrant operational environment working on high end equipment
- Enjoy an inclusive, flexible and innovative culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Test and Trials Engineer to join our team in Henderson WA. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of project testing, commissioning activities and coordinating testing resources and support as required.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Coordinate test and trial requirements for each assigned project
- Provide input to the project estimates and schedules regarding activities and resources
- Support stakeholders in gaining acceptance for installations or systems
- Gather all test reports and other documentation to meets design requirements
- Identify and coordinate resources (personnel and materiel) required to schedule, conduct and complete acceptance testing
- Ensure all activities are executed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Ensure all test and trials results/reports are submitted, registered and dispatched to appropriate authorities
- Ensure test problem reports and/or problem identification reports are raised for all incomplete or failed test and trial activities
- Compile objective quality evidence and verification documentation for test readiness and system verification reviews
- Conduct test witnessing, inspections and audits during test case execution
- Conduct compartment completion inspections as instructed by the Lead Test Engineer
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge in the use of specialised test equipment, tools and processes
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Navy Ship systems
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of audiences
- Intermediate level MS Office skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and ethical manner
- Willing to travel to other sites within Australia
- Eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level of NV1 or above
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Thursday 31st January 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.