Commercial Officer | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skills in providing strategic and operational support to business units on all commercial issues
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Commercial Officer to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for providing autonomous strategic and operational support within defined delegations to assist BAE project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to Project Manager(s) and business units on all commercial issues
- Administer contracts in accordance with company procedures
- Review Customer communications and prepare correspondence in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality, non-disclosure agreements to support new business and market capture
- Plan and prepare all bid approval review packs and other governance documentation to support market capture
- Support the Commercial aspects of all Project Phase Reviews
- Be the day to day commercial point of contact for the Intelligence, Security and Reconnaissance (ISR business)
- Attend meetings with Customers and develop effective working relationships to the assist BAE with the delivery of its programs
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Ability to actively problem solve and make sound commercial recommendations to program teams and the wider business
- Experience with Defence Export Control (DEC) and ASDEFCON (Australian Defence Contracting)
- Significant experience in Government and Private Enterprise
- Intermediate Program Management experience an advantage
Whilst not essential, qualifications or relevant experience in Contract and Commercial Management, or Procurement will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html