Facilities Investment Project Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Permanent Position
- May 2019 start
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Facilities Investment Project Manager to join the team. As the Facilities Investment Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering medium value capital work and sub-elements of capital facilities projects, and assisting with the development of the corporate facilities management capability.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Plan the delivery of medium value ($50k to $500k) facilities projects and sub elements of major capital development projects (>$500k) in accordance with governance and life cycle management requirements
- Reduce risk to the business through identification, assessment and analysis of facilities risks to projects, personnel and property
- Coordinate the definition of project requirements with stakeholders including liaison with all functions relevant to the delivery of assigned project elements and sub-projects
- Develop value for money through-life facilities solutions that are commercially viable and fit for purpose
- Develop and cultivate assigned relationships with facilities suppliers and subcontractors to ensure all contracts are delivered on time and to budget
- Coordinate and manage activities on assigned project elements and sub-projects to ensure delivery to plan, monitor performance against plan and take action to ensure issues are addressed in an effective and timely manner
- Provide planned and ad-hoc specialist facilities consultancy support to business unit project teams
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Strong awareness of safety, health, and environment management requirements in a facilities maintenance environment
- Demonstrated experience of whole life facility design, construction, operation, maintenance, and supplier management
- Knowledge of service level agreements and development and application of key performance indicators and other performance measurement tools
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.