Systems Administrator | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Administrator in our team in Edinburgh, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has become available in the JORN Phase 6 Windows team for an experienced Systems Administrator to join the team and provide day to day administration and management of multiple Windows environments at all project locations.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide administration and monitoring of key applications and services such as VMWare, Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange messaging and shared storage
- Conduct ongoing development and patching of the server and client standard operating environments (SOE)
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements
- Develop and deploy approved engineering changes and system updates
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of configuration control records of all systems
- Contribute to the continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures for all services
- Undertake incident and service request resolution for the services within the portfolio
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Broad technical ICT experience and a proven track record supporting environments at an Enterprise level.
- An information, communication and technology (ICT) degree, or relevant vendor certifications
- Demonstrated ability in the administration of relevant computer platforms including: Windows server management, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, SAN, Print management, PowerShell Scripting and Windows file system
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
A current Negative Vetting Level 2 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.