Assistant Project Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2019|
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Project management and stakeholder management
- Based in Canberra, ACT
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the technical cost and schedule goals associated with the assigned project tasks are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements to deliver required business goals.
You will maintain the goodwill of the customer and the management team and with assistance, competently manage subcontractors and provide effective leadership to the Project team.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Ensuring that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Ensuring that products and services delivered as part of a project provide customer satisfaction
- Providing specialist leadership within the project team under the general guidance of the Program Manager to execute the contract
- Assisting with supplier and subcontract discussions in accordance with the strategic guidance for the project
- Supporting the project and Program Manager to build and maintain customer relationships and be a focal point for customer contact for the area of expertise of this role
- Identifying project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout the project lifecycle, as directed by the Program Manager
- Monitoring and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- Providing direction to, motivate and ensure the performance of the project team on a daily basis
- Supporting the conduct of Project Reviews as required to meet the needs of successful project reviews and internal company review requirements
- Reporting on project performance and issues at the Business Unit Reviews, where required
- Ensuring that the technical resource requirements, within the Project Manager's scope of responsibility to meet current and future needs, are identified to the relevant function manager
Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience in project management, stakeholder management and scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of various project management models
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated self-direction to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Whilst not essential, a degree qualification in Project Management will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au