Accounting Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Manage the compliance and integrity of data to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned Accounting Manager to join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and you will be responsible for the preparation, submission and integrity of financial data to meet the internal reporting requirements of BAE Systems Australia.
You will ensure compliance with the management and financial controls as set out in the company's operational framework, oversee a project team and provide guidance and support to the Finance team and Program Manager.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial reports for review with the Financial Manager
- Reviewing and challenging appropriateness of forecasts/spend to date
- Entry of monthly accounts and budget into Hyperion and ensuring input accurately reflects source data
- Reviewing of key month end reconciliations
- Preparing variance analysis and commentary for review with the Financial Manager
- Establishing, maintaining and improving the monthly management reporting and IBP spreadsheet models.
- Consolidating monthly inputs from LOB Finance Managers and critically reviewing, challenging and analysing prior to Head of Finance Aerospace review
- Managing all reporting timetables through liaison with the Central Reporting group and the finance function
- Working with other areas of Central Finance to enhance and integrate other reporting requirements
- Preparing financial element of the Integrated Business Plan to agreed timescales
- Critical review, understanding and challenge of plans submitted for appropriateness
- Guiding and training reporting staff in LOB
- Assisting the Financial Manager in ensuring compliance with Accounting standards and internal financial policies manual
- Overseeing and managing a finance project team to ensure all financial aspect of the program are reviewed and delivered
- Working with the Program Manager and support with guidance and review required
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in management accounting
- Ability to analyse, interpret and question the financial results
- High level of computer literacy in Oracle, Excel, Word, Hyperion
- Strong attention to detail and ability to apply the highest degree of accuracy
- Ability to embrace change and take ownership of tasks
- Commitment to company goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the immediate team, to implement business requirements and ability to work as an integral part of a team
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
Whilst not essential, degree qualifications in Accounting, and CPA or CA qualifications will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html