Asset Lifecycle Engineer/Lead - Mechanical | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent, strategic role with opportunities for career progression
- Enjoy an inclusive, flexible and innovative culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Asset Lifecycle Engineer/Lead - Mechanical to join our team in Rockingham WA. In this role, you will be responsible for the conduct of strategic asset management analyses and activities, balancing technical management and operational capabilities against cost drivers and contractual constraints of the Warship Asset Management Agreement.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Drive asset management analysis and decisions
- Undertake functional analysis to identify optimum support solutions against a set of mission and support requirements
- Monitor mission/support system performance through:
- Identification of supportability elements and performance metrics
- Collection of supportability data
- Performing materiel support evaluation
- Utilisation of predictive modelling
- Participate in the planning and life cycle costing of the logistic support analysis task set to provide the most cost effective support solution change
- Critically assess operational data, trends and changes for platform (mechanical) systems risk and performance impacts. This will include contributing to periodic reports, including responding to and production of special reports and investigations
- Sponsor system specific whole of life management plans to maintain operational effectiveness (reliability, availability, maintainability and capability)
- Provide input and offer recommendations for the continuous improvement of company processes and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of business cases for Commonwealth consideration of options to manage asset optimisation outcomes
- Drive and influence the progression and implementation of engineering changes and support solutions using a risk based approach
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Degree level engineering qualification or equivalent experience in mechanical discipline
- Previous experience in engineering logistics support and/or asset management within a maritime maintenance environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the principles and applications of RAM, FMECA, RCM, LORA, FRACAS and LCC analysis methodologies
- Strong data analytics and problem solving skills
- Ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships across the Alliance, wider enterprise and suppliers as appropriate
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Thursday 21st February 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.