Business Assurance Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your superior analytics in this high profile Business Assurance role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Business Assurance Analyst to join our Business Assurance and Improvement team in Edinburgh Parks, Soutn Australia.
As the Business Assurance Analyst, you will provide support to the Business Assurance Manager in planning and coordinating the BAE Systems Australian enterprise integrated audit program, and assist in ensuring that auditing is integrated across discipline areas and business streams.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide metrics on the delivery of the assurance program including progress against schedule, processing of changes to schedule, the capture of actions arising from assurance activities and the monitoring of actions to completion
- Provide support to the Business Assurance Manager in preparing and delivering group mandated reports such as the operational assurance statement and dashboards
- Assist in the design, planning and delivery of the Australian enterprise integrated audit program to achieve the targets and milestones as agreed
- Complete business assurance underlying data and metrics analysis, and manage timely and efficient monthly and quarterly reporting
- Coordinate the pan-business collection, consolidation, communication and accuracy of the Australian enterprise integrated audit program
- Support the assessment of business risks in relation to audit and assurance program to improve the effectiveness of risk mitigations and to ensure appropriate assurance of those risks identified by the operational assurance statement
- Assess and analyse audit data to ensure that audit reports are clear, concise and contain recommendations/corrective actions to management based on objective evidence
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant degree level qualification
- Business Assurance experience, where audits have been managed across multiple business areas
- An exposure to a range of diverse situations that could be applied to general business processes or the defence industry will be valuable but is not mandatory
- Expertise and credibility in working across business and functional boundaries
- Experience communicating effectively with senior stakeholders to Board level
- Knowledge and experience in business improvement management philosophies i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM, Deming, Baldridge, CMMi
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.