NETWORK ENGINEER | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Use your superior Networking skills on a leading defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- DSTG Edinburgh, SA
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite applications to join BAE Systems Australia as a Network Engineer. As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, and day to day management of the projects networking infrastructure.
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Manage design, implementation of changes and day to day management of LAN and WAN project specific network infrastructure
- Manage and maintain security and patching of all network switching, routers, firewalls and monitoring devices for the mission and support systems
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and software for the project
- Provide support for the various project networking tools
- Provide system administration of the support system and development environments
- Resolve assigned support incidents, including the analysis, design, implementation and test of solutions
- Proactively identify and analyse system obsolescence issues
- Communicate with Defence stakeholders to provide efficient support
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant you will:
- Be experienced in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Have significant experience in network deployments and troubleshooting including switching, routing, firewalls, VPN and Network Security
- Hold tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Engineering related degree and relevant vendor certifications
- Possess knowledge of product baseline documentation and change control processes along with associated governance
- Have a strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Are you going to the 2019 Grand Prix in Melbourne in March? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in the Innovation & Technology Hub. We'll be there every day of the event sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.