WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2019|
Windows Systems Engineer
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time
- Work on the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar – a vital element of Australia's key Defence surveillance asset
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
An opportunity now exists for a Windows Systems Engineer to join our team on the JORN Phase 6 project as part of the Wide Area Surveillance line of business.
This role is newly created to compliment our ICT design team. JORN Phase 6 is being delivered by a number of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), this position initially sits within the Systems IPT. As a Windows Systems Engineer you are accountable for design, integration, implementation and sustainment of Windows ICT systems, in order to achieve required business performance.
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project or business
- Support and optimise relevant computing platforms and associated data sub systems for effective project governance and functional requirements
- Work with appropriate management tools for server computing platforms, data storage sub systems and enterprise messaging systems
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate configuration control records of all systems
- Contribute to the continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures for all services
- Provide system administration of all windows computing platforms for effective governance and functional requirements
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to the Microsoft Windows Fleet
- Assist with ensuring the computing platform is fully documented and supportable
- Undertake incident and service request resolution for the services within the portfolio
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Substantial experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or extensive relevant industry experience and industry certifications.
- Demonstrated ability in the administration of relevant computer platforms and their associated enterprise environment. These include: Windows Server Management, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, SAN Storage, Printing, Powershell Scripting and Windows File system
- Proven ability in developing SOE and deploying WDS/SCCM
- A high level of SCCM experience in packaging custom applications
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Licensing and KMS activation
- Understanding of SQL server and basic SQL queries
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Understanding of Domain and Forest Functional levels and implications of upgrading level
- Ability to create scripted software installs using VBScript, PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Strong understanding of DNS and DHCP architecture
- Experience developing comprehensive as-built documentation
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Defence security clearance is required for this role; applicants must be Australian citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance, preferably NV2 or eligibility to obtain NV2.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html