Senior Training Coordinator | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder, communication, and facilitation skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented F-35 Senior Training Coordinator to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Quality and Safety Manager, as the F-35 Senior Training Coordinator, you will provide leadership and guidance to all employees on technical and non-technical training responsibilities and strategies. This will include implementing training plans aligned with Safety Management Framework, Human Resources, and Aviation regulations, to develop industry best practice training initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: applying continuous improvement techniques and innovation to the training processes and tools; employing a systematic approach to analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of training; and developing personnel to meet operational requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage and coordinate all of the F-35 Type training, in accordance with BAE Systems': Registered Training Organisation (RTO) processes, DASR 147 Maintenance Training Organisation exposition; Learning and Development (L&D) processes
- Initiate and provide support to the ongoing development, continuous improvement and innovation of training effectiveness and systems, within the training scope
- Analyse, design, develop, deliver and evaluate training programs to the standard of BAE Systems RTO
- Coach employees, supervisors and managers in relation to training processes and provide career development advice
- Maintain currency with Australian Defence Force (ADF) and civilian training standards to provide initial/ongoing personnel training gap analysis, and training recommendations
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or Diploma, and Certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent (VET qualification) - are essential, along with substantial demonstrated experience, including: technical training development experience to ADF, RTO, CASR 147 or DEST National Training Systems
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, and the ability to negotiate with and influence stakeholders, whilst maintaining relationships
- Leadership and relationship building capabilities, with an ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Proven problem solving ability, with a passion for training and development, along with strong facilitation and instructional skills
- Highly effective computer application skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html