Work Preparation Planners - Production | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work at the coal face on a large scale project
- Enjoy an inclusive, flexible and innovative culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for two Work Preparation Planners to join our team in Henderson WA. Reporting to the Work Preparation Planning Manager, you will be responsible for providing labour, estimating, materials, fabrication and installation planning support to production.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Generate production job cards (work instructions) by the utilisation of technical data/information obtained from design drawings, commonwealth and engineering work instructions
- Allocate correct materials (raw material, fabricated items and purchased items) to the associated production job cards
- Provide technical advice and assistance within discipline area of knowledge and liaise with the drawing office and engineering departments in the resolution of day to day issues
- Work closely with the Detail and Material Planners to ensure there is a consistent and effective flow of planned work to feed production requirements
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- A trade qualification in mechanical, electrical or fabrication discipline (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated planning experience preferably within the maritime, heavy manufacturing or resources industries
- The ability to understand engineering drawings and navigate through various compartments on-board the ships
- Prior experience using ERP/MRP systems (AVEVA, Oracle, SAP highly desirable)
- An understanding of scheduling principles (highly desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability the develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.