Mechanical Engineer | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- You will be at the forefront of design, development and implementation of mechanical systems
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
As a Mechanical Engineer for our Hydrographic In Service Support project in Portsmith Cairns, you will use your mechanical engineering expertise to design and develop mechanical systems and equipment including testing and integration, installing and managing the mechanical systems and equipment.
In more specific terms you will:
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Derive mechanical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements and develop system specifications
- Develop optimised mechanical system detail designs and present in design reviews
- Undertake the translation of the mechanical system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate the design for manufacture factors
- Perform the integration and validation of complex mechanical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties
- Undertake the full qualification of complex mechanical system products including devising solutions to complex qualification problems
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated by the team are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role developing structural designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing, ideally in the ship sustainment or Defence industry
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.