Permit Controller | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Unique career opportunity for an experienced Permit Controller to join the team
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As The Permit Controller for the Hydrographic In Service Support project based in Portsmith Cairns, you will be responsible for the management of work permits for high risk construction activities.
In more specific terms you will:
- Review receipted permit applications and issue permits in support of high risk work activities, including but not limited to hot work, confined space, working at heights, isolations and other hazardous activities
- Ensure that all isolations are appropriately managed in accordance with the established isolations management system
- Assist the production management team with task de-confliction as part of the permit control process
- Communicate and assist personnel in the requirements to comply with the WHS legislation and procedures with respect to high risk construction work
- Assist with the maintenance planning activities to ensure all permit and isolations requirements are appropriately considered / catered for
- Assist quality, health safety and environment functions in conducting workplace inspections
- Confirm completeness and conformance of permit to work documents and ensure that all supporting certificates and documents are correct and attached to the permits
- Ensure that the location and scope of work is fully understood, that hazards are identified and all necessary precautions have been taken
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Previous experience working in a similarly related capacity on construction sites preferably within the maritime environment and/or resources industry
- Knowledge and comprehension of management systems such as AS/NZS ISO 9000 or AS/NZS 4801
- Nationally recognised accreditation in confined space, working at heights and first aid
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the statutory requirements in the conduct of construction work activities and permit management
- Computer literate and experience using MS Office Suite (excel, word etc.)
- Willing to be flexible with work hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to actively engage with integrated project teams.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Are you going to the Avalon Airshow? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in Hall 1. We'll be there Friday-Sunday sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.