Aluminium Welders | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Jun-2019|
- Utilise your skills where it counts in the ship building industry
- Permanent opportunities, excellent rates
- Enjoy a flexible and innovative company with a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
BAE Systems are re-advertising for experienced Aluminum Welders to support our projects in Henderson.
Applicants must be confident in their ability to pass Germanischer Lloyd (GL) certified weld procedure tests with the Pulse MIG (GMAW) argon shielding gas process. 4G and 4F weld positions on 12mm thick material. Other duties include general workshop/yard work and fire sentry duties.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Structural/plate welding experience preferably within the maritime/ship building industry
- Construction Industry Blue/White Card
- Competence with Gas Metal Arc Welding – MIG (GMAW)
- Competence with welding Aluminium
- Competence with 4G and 4F weld positions
- Competence with full penetration butt welding (F.S.B.W)
- Confined Space certification (highly desirable)
- Working at Heights licence (highly desirable)
- The ability to read, interpret and follow drawings, specifications and standards
- A strong work ethic, flexible attitude and be a team player
- A strong commitment to safe work practices
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.