Senior Business Analyst | NSW-Wollongong
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:|| Senior Lead Business Analyst PD1116_1115.pdf (PDF, 177KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Mar-2019|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our Wide Area Surveillance business based in Wollongong on a fixed term basis.
Working in the role of Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques, plan analysis activities and identify external factors that will impact requirements.
- Manage the Requirements Management process through eliciting, prioritising and influencing business or customer requirements for initiatives and projects spanning multiple or complex business domains to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse.
- Manage the requirements analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to determine and justify innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, will meet business or customer goals and objectives, and deliver value. Leads will also ensure alignment to architectural roadmaps.
- Manage Stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs.
- Validate solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance.
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer. Leads will also be required to advise on future initiatives.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Advanced communication skills, able to communicate complex technical information articulately, work under pressure, and manage conflict and influence stakeholders and tailor messages to audience.
- Advanced skills in teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business value and understanding of the issues the organisation faces.
- Able to interpret and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt business analysis skills, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience analysing multiple complex business domains using a wide variety of business analysis techniques.
- Understand governance adherence in the initiative/project lifecycle.
- Analytical thinker, able to define problems and determine innovative solutions which align with strategic plans.
- Ability to lead up to 3 direct reports and influences projects and cross functional work teams.
- IT or Engineering Degree. (Required)
- ITIL/Agile qualifications. (Highly Desirable)
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Are you going to the Avalon Airshow? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in Hall 1. We'll be there Friday-Sunday sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.