Business Analyst | NSW-Wollongong
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:|| Business Analyst PD1124.pdf (PDF, 143KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Mar-2019|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Wide Area Surveillance business based in Wollongong on a fixed term basis.
Working in the role of Business Analyst you will be responsible for assisting in the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to contribute to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques and planning analysis activities.
- Assist in the requirements management process through eliciting and prioritising business or customer requirements to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse.
- Assist in the Requirements Analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to facilitate the determination of feasible, cost effective solutions that will meet business or customer objectives and deliver value.
- Contribute to stakeholder communication management through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs.
- Assist in the validation of solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an appropriate IT customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience.
- Business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains. (Desirable)
- Ability to apply business knowledge to customer business requirements
- High level of interpersonal and customer communication, customer focus, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cope in high pressure situations to manage conflicts, provide influence and build trusted relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving in the area of defining problems and determining innovative solutions.
- Ability to validate solutions against customer needs and requirements.
- IT or Engineering Degree. (Required)
- ITIL/Agile qualifications. (Highly Desirable)
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Are you going to the Avalon Airshow? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in Hall 1. We'll be there Friday-Sunday sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.