Asset Performance Analyst | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your analytical skills as part of speciality team delivering asset system optimisation
- Garden Island, Sydney Location
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Asset Performance Analyst in our team in in our team in Garden Island, Sydney.
About the project
We are the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, the program boasts of an engaging, consultative and solutions focused approach. Working on one of the most complex warship programs in Australia, you will see it from design and build through to the introduction-to-service stage which will be very exciting and enriching.
About the Opportunity
Our specialist Asset Performance discipline will benefit from your analysis across the core technical (Platform, Electrical, Combat or Communications) systems, ensuring optimisation of cost and performance outcomes for the DDG ship and shore systems.
This unique opportunity will help progress your career into analysis, asset performance, logistics engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, reliability engineering – just to name a few.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Carry out data processing and analysis activities (data cleansing, manipulation, validation, statistical analysis, reporting)
- Maintain and populate the Logistic Support Analysis Record
- Assist define, implement, populate, use, verify and validate analysis reports and associated data sets under the guidance of Lead Analyst and SME in the team
- The analyses that could be used include, but are not limited to: FMECA, RCM analysis, Tasks analysis, Supportability assessment, life cycle cost models; availability models; reliability models; sparing models
- Assist in preparation of reports to support business cases and decision making using the outputs from analysis activities
- Assist defining and executing out ad-hoc, exploratory and proof of concept analysis outside of established performance modelling architecture and processes
We welcome diversity of thought and approach and encourage transferability of education, skills and experience. We are open to hearing from people who have:
- Prior experience working in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with collection, manipulation and quantitative analysis of technical data (e.g. equipment/ infrastructure reliability, life cycle costs, availability)
- Experience in conducting data analysis and developing analysis reports
- Experience of using a range of analytical software tools (like Excel , Access etc.) demonstrating the capability to learn new technical software and associated techniques
As active Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and to maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.