Routine Processor | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Category:||Configuration & Data Management|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your attention to detail and analytic skills in this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Routine Processor to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) Production Sustainment Lead, and working as part of the production team, as the Routine Processor, you will be responsible for extracting, registering, storing, updating, retrieving, issuing and archiving life usage information for the Classic Hornet, Super Hornet, Growler, and Hawk aircraft engines and airframes.
Although this is primarily a technical role, dealing with technical aircraft reporting and associated data and management tools, the emphasis is on you having highly developed analytical skills and an ability to identify and resolve data anomalies and inconsistencies.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Receive aircraft and CAMM2 data from the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) operational units and perform data integrity and duplication checks
- Using software tools, extract engine and airframe usage information and populate the HUMS database
- Screen, prepare and validate aircraft and CAMM2 data
- Identify and resolve any incorrect or anomalous data
- Liaise with the requisite stakeholders to resolve any resultant engine build anomalies
- Match CAMM2 data to the aircraft data for each flight taken and ensure it is correct, retained and protected
- Populate the component lifing software that applies the usage data for a flight to each of the engine/airframe components that were fitted to the aircraft for that flight
- Prepare and manage the review and approval of lifing reports and update the life usage data on the HUMS hosted web site
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel, and the ability to write and understand Access database queries and an understanding of associated database constructs and the management of same
- Demonstrated some experience in the use of the Oracle database, with the ability to write and understand SQL queries
- The ability to follow procedures accurately
- The ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- An understanding of airframe and engine components and related processes, is highly desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html