Commercial Manager | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Key Commercial management opportunity based in Newcastle, New South Wales
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Commercial Manager to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Commercial and Procurement Manager, as the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and direction to the bid and project teams, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations. This position contributes to the overall management of the business, the delivery of project outcomes, and the achievement of strategic aims and financial goals.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage performance to commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- Manage relationships with internal/external stakeholders and cross business/functional requirements
- Provide guidance to the business on compliance with contract, Australian and foreign government requirements, and management of intellectual property, controlled technology, confidential information, and classified data
- Attend and contribute to project status reviews and manage bid approvals
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities
- Deal with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management plans for the Aerospace business
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree qualification (commerce, law, business management, engineering, or project management) preferred, along with substantial commercial experience, including previous leadership experience
- Experience in the defence environment (Australian and US), is desirable
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to negotiate with, and influence, internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit, whilst maintaining key relationships
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences, is critical for this role
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html