Payroll Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Payroll Officer to join our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide an accurate and timely payroll processing service to the business
- Provide general and complex payroll advice to employees
- Participate in and support the processing of cyclical payroll activities
- Coordinate and collate payroll information for business areas and provide analysis of complex business metrics and recommendations as required
- Ensure payroll data is accurate and structured appropriately through regular validation
- Act as a point of contact for payroll and time keeping systems
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Reflect best practice in the delivery of payroll services
- Respond to business requests via a call management system (JIRA)
- Participate in systems testing as required
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience with computerised payrolls and an understanding of electronic timekeeping systems
- The ability to work in a highly confidential work environment and have privacy front of mind
- Developed complex problem-solving, influencing and investigation skills
- A strong attention to detail with accurate data entry and processing skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Whilst not essential, a working knowledge of Oracle and/or Kronos will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Are you going to the Avalon Airshow? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in Hall 1. We'll be there Friday-Sunday sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.