Ship Build Dimensional Surveyor | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent opportunity with excellent employee benefits
- Enjoy an inclusive, flexible and innovative culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a Dimensional Controller to join our team in Henderson WA. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of dimensional control activities and requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide timely information to the project on block movement (shrinkage or distortion) during construction
- Identify, monitor and measure key dimensions for the project through surveying
- Provide timely data, in the event of block movement, to allow planning of recovery of structure / block tolerances
- Liaise with the project, production, production engineering and the design authority in order to resolve dimensional control issues
- Under guidance, assist with developing methods of dimensional monitoring and dimensional control plans
- Understand and interpret measurement equipment tolerances
- Engage with various stakeholders across the project to ensure a high level of communication is maintained
- Complete quality inspections and checks in line with relevant processes and procedures
- Participate in workshop and other mechanical/boilermaker duties as required
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- A trade or engineering qualification
- Extensive trade experience within the heavy fabrication, maritime or resources industries
- Experience using spatial analyzer system (essential)
- Knowledge of surveying, dimensional measurement and tolerances, 3D coordinate systems, 3D CAD skills, total stations, theodolites and levels
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and build good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.