Talent Acquisition Specialists- Engineering | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Engineering Talent Acquisition Specialists required to join our talent acquisition team
- Drive the growth of BAE Systems by identifying and attracting top engineering talent
- Enjoy flexibility, a focus on innovation and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 4,000 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
Due to significant growth and increased demand for additional engineering talent across a variety of our major defence programs such as Hunter Class and the next phase of JORN, new and exciting opportunities exist for Talent Acquisition Specialists to join our team. Based in Melbourne or Adelaide you will play a critical role in the execution of a professional recruitment service to support the growth of the engineering function. This role will appeal to engineering talent acquisition specialists or engineers/ technical professionals looking for a career change.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders in order to understand resourcing profiles across engineering and subsequently plan for and deliver against the recruitment needs.
- Develop and execute recruitment campaigns for engineering talent.
- Identify your talent communities, learn how to engage with them successfully and ultimately attract them to work at BAE Systems.
- Develop solid pipelines of talent and keep them engaged.
- Provide exceptional candidate care by providing timely updates and feedback.
- Assist in the selection of the most appropriate applicants by participating in and applying consistent screening, interviewing and selection processes.
- Ensure interview/selection panel members are familiar with recruitment processes, coach where necessary and ensure that processes are applied in a fair and equitable manner.
- Participate in careers events and exhibitions as required.
- Contribute to process development, continuous improvement and team projects.
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience in recruiting technical engineering roles gained in an in-house recruitment team or through an agency; or be a practicing engineer/ technical professional looking to alter their career path.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact and influence as required.
- Customer service/ stakeholder management focus and be able to build and maintain trusting and enduring relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and a true sense of urgency coupled with an ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities.
- A high level of personal drive and determination with the ability to work autonomously but also collaboratively within a team environment.
Defence security clearance may be required for these role, therefore we have a strong preference for applicants to be Australian citizens and be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. We may consider Permanent Residents.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html