Senior Sub-Contracts Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Subcontract Officer to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Senior Subcontract Officer is responsible for the management of major subcontracts - to meet the project requirements of cost, quality and delivery, through effective contract management and the facilitation of working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains and internal stakeholders.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for all on-site, domestic and international Subcontractor management activities
- Be the point of escalation for expediting vulnerable and critical subcontractor requirements via order book performance
- Prepare and negotiate subcontract amendments and change proposals, including the development of new subcontract business agreements and statements of work
- Perform cost account management for all Lead In Fighter (LIF) subcontracts
- Manage performance based contracting payment penalties and incentives with subcontractors
- Identify the need of professional input, including legal, financial and insurance matters and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with import/export requirements
- Identify and implement efficiency improvement opportunities into the LIF subcontracts
- Administer LIF obsolescence register and coordinate BAE Systems' response to proactively ensure availability of obsolescence affected items
- Manage Australian Industry Content arrangements with LIF subcontractors on behalf of the Commonwealth of Australia
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Substantial experience in procurement and/or commercial administration within an engineering /defence organisation, along with a degree qualification in either engineering, legal or commercial disciplines
- The ability to positively contribute to, and solve problems of a complex nature
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent commercial skills and acumen with proven capability in contract negotiation/correspondence administration
- The ability to foster strong relationships with suppliers/subcontractors, project team members and potentially the suppliers' key subcontractors
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.