GXP Product Technical Consultant (ANZ) | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2019|
GXP PRODUCT TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (ANZ)
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to support corporate objectives
- Full time role based in Canberra, ACT
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned GXP Product Technical Consultant (ANZ) to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for the management of technical support to existing customers in the ANZ region and for ensuring customer support requirements are assessed and actioned in accordance with the agreed operational needs of the customer. This support will include the effective liaison and project management of technical staff both in Australia and internationally.
Across all these areas, you will be required to assess, plan and continually manage:
- Customer requirements
- Technical support approach
- Identification of appropriate technical experience and skills to ensure success
- Management and delivery of support or pre-sales engineering activities
- Management and delivery of specialist training material
The position involves a significant level of independent technical judgement across a broad range of often undefined elements and the ability to identify and manage appropriate resources to meet both customer and internal requirements.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to region revenue growth for both product licenses and services
- Provide technical advice and execution in support of sales strategies
- Contribute to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities
- Act as technical lead and advisor, promoting additional capability uptake within existing customers
- Provide technical support to the Sales Manager and assist with the qualification of sales opportunities from a product or solution fit and customer requirement standpoint
- Understand, document and articulate the customer's current platform architecture
- Understand and document competitive products and articulate the BAE Systems technical value proposition and differentiators
- Identify customer training requirements and support the development and delivery of standard and tailored training packages
- Maintain close links with GXP engineering teams to develop a high level understanding of current and future capabilities
- Capture and provide feedback to engineering and product development teams on future requirements Act as first point of contact for all ANZ technical support queries in nominated accounts
- Assess and develop effective support plans to meet agreed customer needs
- Liaise with both Australian and international based technical resources to identify required skills and experience and lead the development of effective support plans
- Manage ongoing support activities, including customer engagement and reporting
- Support and deliver responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Develop technical demonstrations, whitepapers and concept demonstrators to support customer requirements
- Support the design, development and delivery of standard and tailored training courses
- Work with AGS project teams to provide training component to complete GEOINT solutions.
- Support localisation of training based on customer requirements
- Expand uptake of training offerings within existing customer base in ANZ and internationally
- Participate actively in marketing events such as tradeshows, conferences and workshops
- Ability to travel international and domestic at short notice
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Sound working knowledge and networks within the Australian military
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to engage with and influence a variety of stakeholders across different countries in a way that generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Ability to monitor, manage and prioritise work load and competing tasks
- Experience in working in or with Australian or New Zealand Defence is desirable
- Experience in Microsoft environments, networking and general system administration is essential
- Demonstrated understanding of current IT technologies and architectures, and cloud based technology such as Hadoop, Amazon Web Services, client/server associated implementations, desirable
- Experience in developing and delivering geospatial training packages
- Project management experience to ensure successful solution development
- Experience in using geospatial products or similar technologies
A degree level qualification and significant related experience in a military intelligence, image analysis or geospatial area will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Positive Vetting Security Clearance and be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au