Project Engineering Manager | NSW-RAAF Base Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to use your expertise in this key engineering governance role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Engineering Manager in our team in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The Aviation Technical Training (ATT) Project Engineering Manager is a key project role in the ATT project, as a centre of excellence for aviation technical training – including vocational training from the Aeroskills training package. As the ATT PEM, you will be responsible for the training design and development to BAE Systems and external regulatory standards within the ATT project, as well as technical governance oversight of training aids and associated support equipment. You will also have the role of instilling within both students and staff a culture founded on safe work practices, product safety and adherence to authorised technical practices and regulations.
As the Project Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Management of training standardisation and governance, in accordance with all internal and external regulatory and contractual requirements
- Management of design, development and technical approval processes for Training Management Packages (TMPs), to approved processes
- Ensuring technical qualifications, authorisations, and currency of delegated training and engineering staff align with project and regulatory requirements to perform training development and instruction
- Configuration management and the continuous improvement of products
- Technical oversight of the Information Management and Technology (IM&T) infrastructure and software required on the project
- Management of design, development and technical approval processes for training aids, support equipment and non-standard tooling, and management of all technical data for the project
- The ATT PEM is expected to hold formal delegations as the ATT Project System Technical Authority (STA)
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia, along with engineering management knowledge and experience, with significant engineering experience – is essential
- A proven track record in senior management, or equivalent roles – is essential
- Demonstrated professional integrity, advanced level of technical knowledge and experience
Experience within a Defence or Aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.