Corporate Strategy Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to support corporate objectives
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-135 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Corporate Strategy Manager in our team in Canberra.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for the development, coordination and delivery of BAE Systems Australia's corporate strategy, taking input and support from the Australian Management Board and working closely with the Senior Leadership team and their direct reports.
You will have functional ownership of the strategic inputs to the Integrated Business Planning process. This includes the preparation of strategic packs for both IBP and corporate strategy reviews and leading the processes and workshops which input to these documents.
You be required to collaborate with the business development and finance teams to ensure the opportunity pipeline for BAE Systems is mature and closely connected to the corporate strategy.
You will expected to work with the Corporate Strategy Function in the UK to influence on corporate strategic initiatives and play an active role in any Merger & Acquisition activity to support Business Unit growth.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop a strategic development process cycle and lead the implementation of that process working closely with the management board, senior leadership team, general managers and head of functions
- Develop strategic inputs and associated packs to support the IBP process and annual corporate strategy development process
- Conduct strategic reviews as directed into specific market sectors, technology areas, emerging threats and opportunities and the assessment of business impact of market changes
- Ensure progress against strategic plans is regularly monitored and develop appropriate metrics to support senior management reviews
- Undertake analysis of Government policy changes and support production of submissions to external inquiries
- Work closely with the Corporate Strategy Group to support annual strategy planning reviews and targeted sector analyses
- Pro-actively participate in the identification of potential merger & acquisition activity to support the future growth of the BU aligned with our strategic plan aspirations
- Collaborate with the corporate strategy function in the UK and influence corporate strategic initiatives that bring significant benefit the global business
- Lead the process for merger & acquisition activity in close consultation with Finance and relevant business unit
- Develop and maintain strong, professional and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, which includes senior customers and associated industry personnel, and continually widen this network
- Working with the LoB's and Corporate Affairs function to develop and propagate key messages and supporting marketing collateral for the business units
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience working within the defence industry or related sector and building successful relationships at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in business development/strategy development at a senior position
- Demonstrated understanding of BAE Systems Integrated Business Planning processes
- Proven record of successful development and execution of strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated experience managing mergers or acquisitions
- Extensive understanding of the Australian defence sector
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences is critical to this role
- The ability to distil complex issues, opportunities and challenges in a succinct and compelling narrative
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective networks with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of several areas within the business and how their processes and resources interact with the other areas to achieve business objectives
- A deep understanding of the industry and commercial awareness of the relative positioning of the company's products and services versus the competition
- Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector and how they relate to the company
Whilst not essential, a bachelor's degree will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au