System Administrator - End User Computing | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Multiple 12 month fixed term roles available
- April 2019 start
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for experienced System Administrators – End User Computing to join the team. As the System Administrator – End User Computing (EUC) you will be responsible for assisting in the installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of End User Computing systems and their management infrastructure within project and/or support teams.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring the End User Computing environment and its management infrastructure meet the current performance, reliability and security requirements of the project and/or business
- Assist with the planning, design and implementation of End User Computing subsystems by utilising vendor resources and relationships and/or best practice approaches
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the upgrade/patching of Windows operating systems and management infrastructure
- Assist with the recommendation of hardware/software solutions for customer requirements as they apply to and in support of the End User Computing environment
- Package, deliver and support applications operating within the End User Computing environment effectively and efficiently
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree/diploma level qualification in ICT or Engineering or previous experience in an IT Administrator role
- Demonstrated experienced in an IT customer service/technical role with a demonstrated ability to manage and support the relevant end user computing systems
- Strong communication and customer focused with and advanced troubleshooting skillset
- Proven experience managing/utilising SCCM within a Windows 7/10 environment
- The ability to monitor, manage and prioritise work load and competing tasks
- Experience in the management and troubleshooting of client based security applications would be advantageous
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html