JUNIOR ADMINISTRATOR : 6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity for an enthusiastic Junior Administrator to be part of an innovative global company on a 6 month fixed term contract
- The availability to commence a new position within short notice will be highly regarded
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Junior Administrator to join our Maritime Sustainment business situated at our Williamstown, Victoria location. This rewarding role will make a valuable contribution to our business and will be offered on a 6 month fixed term and full time basis with the potential to be extended further.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries
- Reconcile corporate expense claims and credit card expenses
- Support the management of function events including catering
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Be the point of contact for visitors and arrange visitor passes
- Provide administrative support to the business
- Support the strategy committee including distributing the meeting agenda, capturing actions and accurately taking minutes
- Communicate and support business change implementation
- Oversee annual calendar of activities for the team and follow up with activity owners
- Assist with special administration projects
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Administration or customer service experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Good time management skills, a flexible approach and be a motivated self-starter
- Experience utilising Microsoft Office Suite and other database systems
Whilst not essential, the availability to commence a new position within short notice will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Are you going to the Avalon Airshow? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in Hall 1. We'll be there Friday-Sunday sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.