Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
- Bring your valuable Systems Engineering contribution to a high performing team
- Multiple opportunities within a flagship defence project
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
To ensure this programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Systems Engineer. You will be required to contribute to systems engineering activities in accordance with the contractual and company requirements to ensure achievement of required business performance.
In terms of specific responsibilities, in this role you will:
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documents, component specifications and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Verify functional and performance requirements to systems and sub-systems and translate those requirements into a solution
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the systems and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge and enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests and ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Independently review the engineering team's work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Provide engineering status and metrics reporting
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- The ability to obtain Australian Defence Clearance or already hold one
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- Expertise in the use of the DOORS tool
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Electronics, Software Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter, practical thinker and strong problem solving skills
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html