Surveillance High Power Amplifier Principal Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2019|
PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER
- Lead and manage the engineering activities of a team of engineers and a sub-contractor to optimise outcomes of an iconic defence program
- Be in a position to influence outcomes in a multi-stakeholder defence environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work with clear pathways for career development and long term stability
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
This is a newly created role. The JORN Phase 6 upgrade will be delivered through a series of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). As the Project Engineering Manager you will be the BAE Systems technical interface with other key stakeholders in the High Power Amplifier (HPA) upgrade activity primarily, along with other project undertakings within the Surveillance IPT.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide technical oversight, with the support of JORN project Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as required, of the system engineering activities being undertaken by the HPA subcontractor including requirements management, functional analysis, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Assist work being undertaken by the respective JORN IPTs to develop and manage system requirements and design documents including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documents, component specifications and interface specifications associated with the HPA product
- Provide engineering support in the acceptance, and delivery of buyer and government furnished information, equipment, materials, facilities associated with the HPA product
- Assist with the engineering transition between the acquisition and support contracts in relation to the HPA
- Provide close collaboration with various IPT's and the subcontractor to influence and integrate practical technical outcomes
- Participate in the review of engineering artefacts relating to the HPA in conjunction with any direction provided with senior design engineers
- Facilitate, and provide engineering support for any trial activities including performing any supporting Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs)
- Independently review the engineering work relating to the HPA, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Provide engineering status and metrics reporting
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Already hold an Australian Defence Clearance or meet criteria to obtain one
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Electronics, Software or Mechatronics discipline
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Established experience forming and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- A business winning mentality, and the ability to identify new commercial opportunities
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Robust problem solving skills to seek innovative solutions
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: http://www.baesystems.careers.com.au
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html