Electrical / Hardware Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to use your background or develop your skills as a Hardware or Electrical Engineer in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Hardware Engineer in our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The current opportunities are from early career (Grade 5) and mid career (Grade 6) engineers interested in applying their skills and pursuing a career as a Hardware Engineer across a number of military platforms. It's your opportunity to join an integrated engineering capability that now needs to grow in support of current and future defence products that protect us. You will be part of the Aerospace & Integrated Systems business in an inclusive and friendly team at our Williamtown precinct in NSW. We are considering both permanent and fixed term employees to provide an adaptable capability.
As the Hardware / Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the development, assembly and testing of products using the systems engineering lifecycle:
- Development of hardware and electrical systems using the project's systems development environment
- Delivering allocated hardware engineering work packages, artefacts and documentation in accordance with the project standards and processes
- Providing support to others with regards to interfacing and reuse of developed hardware and electrical components
- Undertake hardware level requirements analysis, functional analysis, architectural design and relevant documentation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A related Tertiary qualification with strong interests, skills and experience in hardware or electrical systems
- Experience with relevant design tools including PTC Creo (or similar CAD tools).
- Knowledge of the engineering design review process and configuration management
- Experience in the design, development, assembly and bench testing of electronic and avionics systems
- Demonstrated experience with working in a hardware development environment and structured toolset
Whilst not essential, the preferred (but not mandatory) engineering qualifications applicable include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Aerospace Engineering. Experience within a Defence or Aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au