Solution Architect | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Fixed term opportunity until December 2019
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Solution Architect in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate technical solutions are designed and implemented as per customer requirements and BAE Systems standards. This includes the identification and management of use cases and requirements, solution architecture, solution components, selection of technologies, make versus buy assessment, development and integration strategies, and test and acceptance strategies.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead the development and management of the concept and architecture of the solution
- Develop the operational, functional, performance and technical requirements of the solution in accordance with best practice
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
- Ensure that the elements of the design properly interface with all other elements of the design, infrastructure and operators within its environment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive and relevant ICT experience
- Business analyst skills and knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience designing and costing large IM&T solutions
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance of ‘Baseline' and be cleared for International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Whilst not essential, a degree in ICT or engineering, will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au