GRADUATE ICT ENGINEER | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
It's a great time to join us and a great place to start your career.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Enjoy our culture as part of our graduate program and apply your talent where it counts.
As a graduate with an ICT degree, you will directly contribute to information management and communication activities in accordance with the relevant project engineering processes.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, implement, integrate, test and install ICT sub-systems for complex mission and safety critical systems in accordance with appropriate standards
- Assist in the development of cyber secure and resilient networks and gateways, communication protocols, operating systems, and the configuration and integration of OTS software applications
- Assist with the third party certification and accreditation of the developed sub-system
- Assist in the development of project development infrastructure such as analytical tools and performance metrics
- Document design decisions, participate in technical reviews and provide regular status information to line management
- Comply with the requirements of the BAE Systems Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activities
Depending on your degree, you may be considered for adjacent disciplines that enables flexibility throughout the graduate program.
Your reward as a graduate on our team?
- A tailored graduate career plan
- Structured rotations
- An annual national graduate conference
- Extensive training and development
- Mentoring and support
- A competitive salary and benefits including bi-annual salary reviews
- Opportunities to collaborate with graduates across the country
To be eligible, you must be due to complete in 2019 (or have already completed) a university degree qualification in an appropriate discipline. You will also need demonstrated team work and communication skills coupled with a desire to grow and learn. Due to the nature of our work, you'll also need to be an Australian citizen and eligible for Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications will close on Sunday 31st March, 2019.
Applications must be made on line and must include:
- Current resume and cover letter
- Official academic transcripts to date
Unfortunately applications without a current resume and copy of an academic transcript will not be considered.
What next? In terms of next steps; shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a video interview. Subsequent stages of the recruitment process will include interviews, reference checking and background screening in addition to pre-employment health assessments for some roles. As the process unfolds, we will keep you informed as to the status of your application. We will also invite your feedback at the conclusion of the process no matter the outcome.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive start to your career awaits.