Avionics Technician | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to use your avionics expertise in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, as the Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, you will maintain, inspect and undertake fault diagnosis of avionic systems and components on fixed wing aircraft, in an aviation environment - at a standard that meets all regulatory and airworthiness requirements.
Avionic systems include generator and power distribution systems, protection systems, autopilot and integrated flight control systems, environmental control systems, propulsion systems, radar/pulse systems, communication systems, navigation systems and instruments.
As the Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Remove and install avionics systems/components on aircraft
- Inspect avionics systems/components on aircraft
- Test and diagnose problems with avionics systems and components on aircraft, and
- Maintain and calibrate common use ground support equipment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) and relevant experience
- Knowledge of ADF aircraft maintenance regulations and procedures
- A strong focus on maintenance procedures and processes, and an ability to work accurately, neatly, and without supervision
- The ability to identify problems in a timely manner and develop practical solutions to maintenance problems, with appropriate guidance and technical expertise
- The ability to work under pressure (flight line environment)
Experience within a Defence or Aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au