Product Delivery CNC Programmer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Permanent Position
- April 2019 start
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Product Delivery CNC Programmer to join the team. As the Product Delivery CNC programmer, you will be responsible for defining production methods that best suit each part or assembly to be manufactured, providing Design for Manufacture and Make/Buy advice which contribute to on-time delivery of cost competitive quality products.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Participate in design teams to ensure products are in accordance with the Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DMFA) guidelines
- Providing product development teams with design for manufacture solutions that support cost, schedule and technical constraints
- Contribute directly to the Bid/Estimating process through detailed reviews of piece part resource requirements and manufacture technicalities
- Maintain production data integrity and accuracy in order to provide products
- Participate into production and manufacturing plans
- Support the continuous improvement of manufacturing and test process technologies, focusing on value added activities that provide a fast, flexible and cost effective service
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- CNC Programming experience using CATIA and/or EDGCAM
- Familiarity with Production workshop environment
- Trade background or equivalent Associate Diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Production Engineering
- Familiar with Aerospace production environment and requirements
- Self-motivated to broaden skillset in mechanical engineering problem solving
- Strong skills in Microsoft products
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Basic Engineering knowledge
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html