Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skills in providing strategic and operational support to business units on all commercial issues
- 12 month Fixed Term opportunity
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Officer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for providing autonomous strategic and operational support within defined delegations to assist BAE project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to Project Manager(s) and business units on all commercial issues
- Administer contracts in accordance with company procedures
- Review Customer communications and prepare correspondence in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality, non-disclosure agreements to support new business and market capture
- Plan and prepare all Bid Approval review packs and other Governance documentation to support market capture
- Support the Commercial aspects of all Project Phase Reviews
- Be the day to day commercial point of contact for the Intelligence, Security and Reconnaissance (ISR business)
- Attend meetings with Customers and develop effective working relationships to the assist BAE with the delivery of its programs
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Ability to actively problem solve and make sound commercial recommendations to program teams and the wider business
- Experience with Defence Export Control (DEC)
- Experience in ASDEFCON (Australian Defence Contracting)
- Significant experience in Government and Private Enterprise
- Intermediate Program Management experience an advantage
Whilst not essential, qualifications or relevant experience in contract and Commercial Management or Procurement, will be an advantage.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Are you going to the 2019 Grand Prix in Melbourne in March? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in the Innovation & Technology Hub. We'll be there every day of the event sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.