Executive Assistant - Hunter Class Frigate Program | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Mar-2019|
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – HUNTER CLASS FRIGATE PROGRAM
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Newly created and integral role in our growing Hunter Class Frigate Program Team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Executive Assistant – Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) in a team who are currently located in Adelaide's CBD but will eventually movie to the Osbourne Shipbuilding precinct.
In this team-oriented role, you report to and support two Hunter Class Directors and ensure their productive time management by managing their diaries and all incoming mail, email, telephone calls and visitors. You will also be instrumental in ensuring effective communication between the Directors, project team and Management Board Team in addition to preparing presentations and documents to a high quality. The co-ordination of international and interstate travel arrangements and co-ordination of offsite meetings and workshops by managing venue hire, catering and presentation materials will also be your responsibility. Additionally, as a key member of a supportive business administration team, you will participate in team projects and other activities that that are associated with the day-to-day running of a busy office.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Solid experience in the provision of confidential secretarial and administrative support for a senior leader or director
- Experience organising catered meetings and workshops, processing expenses, arranging international and interstate travel
- Advanced skills across the whole Microsoft Office suite of products
- The ability to prioritise and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff and customers
- Demonstrated ability to be relied upon to deliver results and has a ‘can do' approach
- Desire to work as part of a wider administrative team to provide back up and support across the program
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au