Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Have a positive impact in a high performing team on a leading defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity to work within the growing cyber security sector has been made available. Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) is a product and services led unit within BAE Systems Australia that is responsible for the development of solutions that support the secure transfer of data between network domains.
Working predominantly on Java based development, you will be responsible for completing software engineering related activities as directed by the CDS team lead, and in accordance with relevant project procedures and work instructions, to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and manage requirements based on stakeholder needs
- Design, implement, review and test software components
- Assure technical integrity and quality of software component output
- Manage software component delivery throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Provide software development estimating and ensure delivery against milestones to meet Customer commitments
- Understand, consider and influence security requirements relating to the software product
- Provide guidance and mentoring for more junior software team members
- Provide technical support to the use of ‘best practice' software engineering standards, processes and methods
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
- Ensure software development meets company and business process and standards
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline
- The ability to contribute to a positive working environment
- The ability to listen to and value alternative points of view and share important and relevant information with team members
- The ability to make clear, realistic and achievable commitments to customers and management
- A willingness to encourage the recognition of team members who perform well
- A willingness to give open and honest feedback about performance
- A willingness to encourage others to put forward ideas and build their confidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Java 8 development and a working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Enterprise Java Beans, Wildfly Application Server, Google Web Toolkit, TCP/IP networking and the C/C++ programming language is an advantage.
Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or related degree is essential to this role.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au