Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Use your strong commercial acumen in this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Commercial Officer to join the team.
As the Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to assist the project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to project managers on all commercial nature issues
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as requested/directed
- Provide support on major bids
- Set in place export licences and technical assistance agreements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for commercial manager approval
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant qualification coupled with commercial administration experience, ideally gained in a similar industry
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Well-developed commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract negotiation/correspondence administration
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own activities to meet project schedules
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html