Structural Engineer | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts to make a meaningful contribution
- Work on the 35 Billion dollar Hunter Class Frigate program/Warship Capability Solutions
- Multiple positions available from junior to senior level in Adelaide or Melbourne
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
At BAE Systems we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We are growing and now seeking to appoint self-driven Structural Engineers with varying levels of experience to make a valuable contribution and join our Hunter Class Project team/Warship Capability Solutions teams. The roles can be situated at our offices across Adelaide or Williamstown and could be offered on a permanent and Full time / Part time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage the design and development of structural tasks and structural systems on projects
- Undertake the design, development and verification of design artefacts, plan and coordinate designs, provide production support and support product delivery
- Develop concepts to structural problems and undertake structural optimised designs
- Complete the checking of drawings and calculations undertaken by team members
- Conduct safe designs and bring to the attention of key stakeholders if any safety issue is noticed in the performance and functioning of the product
- Coordinate the structural efforts for projects and effectively utilise the expertise of specialist engineers towards achieving efficient and economic structural solutions
- Ensure documents and artefacts generated are managed in accordance with standard procedures, compliance and quality control processes
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve engineering practices
- Liaise with all systems leads, internal and external stakeholders to mature the design solution
- Manage scope, schedule and budget within areas of responsibility to ensure all structural design is achieved to satisfactory levels of quality to schedule and within budget.
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Structural design engineering experience and knowledge to the level offered
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification in either a Naval Architecture, Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical discipline recognised for Chartered membership of Engineers Australia
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and will be a self-starter
- Structural engineering experience in a range of areas such as the design of structures from basic principles, and to shock, vibration, fatigue and Australian standards requirements will be an advantaged
- As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Whilst not essential, maritime industry engineering experience combined with structural analysis experience using finite element packages (ANSYS and HyperWorks) or noise/acoustic analysis experience will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Are you going to the 2019 Grand Prix in Melbourne in March? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in the Innovation & Technology Hub. We'll be there every day of the event sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.