Human Resources Manager Operations | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your extensive and professional Human Resource Operations Management experience to this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focused and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Human Resources Manager in our Central Human Resources team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Central Human Resources leadership team, the HR Manager Operations is responsible for optimising performance through effective people management practices. The HR Manager is responsible for the facilitation of improved business capability and performance through the development of management skills and capabilities, to effectively and efficiently manage people processes, tools and solutions, in particular the implemetation of new HR systems.
In more specific terms you will:
- Take the lead on all people, technology and organisation objectives
- Contribute to the development of HR policy and processes
- Deliver HR expertise, perspective and challenge to managerial, strategic and business decision making and to support senior managers in the achievement of their strategic and business objectives
- Shared accountability for delivery against Integrated Business Plan (IBP) HR targets
- Lead, motivate and encourage the personal development of our people managers and ensure development plans are generated, training and developed supported and succession and talent management plans implemented
- Work with the broader business to interface with the corporate HR Shared Services group in an effective and coordinated way and to maintain a “one-team” approach
- Facilitate line management ownership and implementation of key cyclical corporate HR activities
- Manage and coach a team of HR professionals to deliver a proactive HR service to the business
- Act as a champion for change, understanding and anticipating the need for change and able to build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong generalist HR experience, including experience working with a large and diverse workforce underpinned by relevant qualifications
- Proven experience in providing generalist HR support to customers at general manager/executive level and in implementing strategic organisational change
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influencing abilities and a sophisticated approach to collaborative team working
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in managing and implementing HRIS across a complex matrix based organisation
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Are you going to the 2019 Grand Prix in Melbourne in March? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in the Innovation & Technology Hub. We'll be there every day of the event sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.