Human Resources Advisor | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Newly created role, impact and influence the performance of a large program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Human Resources Advisor in our team who are currently located in Adelaide, CBD before relocating to the shipbuilding yard at Osborne, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of recently acquired program works, this newly created and permanent role will have the opportunity to significantly impact a large technical and functional workforce during a period of rapid mobilization and beyond. As you report to the Human Resources Manager you will work autonomously whilst being part of a wider team of Human Resource Professionals, who will support line managers with operational HR issues and effectively and efficiently embed cyclical HR processes and tools.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide appropriate advice and consultation to Line Managers on all operational HR issues, to help optimise performance in respective business areas
- Provide general advice and support to employees on general HR questions/policy interpretation as appropriate, leveraging the support of HR Shared Services team
- Reflect best practice in the delivery of HR advice and solutions
- Facilitate the implementation of cyclical HR activities on an annual basis such as Performance Development Reviews (PDR) and April Salary Reviews (ASR) through communication with and support to line managers on the relevant processes, tools and approaches
- Develop and implement specific HR improvement initiatives to support achievement of the BU functional improvement plan
- Complete HR reporting requirements for respective business areas and provide data and analysis of BU metrics as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Sound experience in a HR generalist role
- Demonstrated ability to interact and successfully develop relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Highly developed problem solving, planning and organisational skills
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in a Human Resources field will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.